geode-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Bustamante Reyes <alberto.bustamante.re...@est.tech>
Subject Re: What triggers a maintenance release?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:44:06 GMT
We are suffering the problem of the multiple class loaders described in Geode-6716, which was
solved in Geode-6822 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6822).

________________________________
De: Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io>
Enviado: miércoles, 10 de julio de 2019 17:06:59
Para: dev@geode.apache.org
Asunto: Re: What triggers a maintenance release?

Great question, Alberto.  In the past we’ve done patch releases (the 3rd digit in X.Y.Z)
due to security issues but it hasn’t been a very common occurrence.

What issue are you running into?  Perhaps we can help with an alternative approach or workaround.
 If you would like the project to do a patch release, I encourage you to make a case :-)

Anthony

> On Jul 10, 2019, at 2:02 AM, Alberto Bustamante Reyes <alberto.bustamante.reyes@est.tech>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have not found information about this topic in the wiki, and taking into account that
I cannot find any "hotfix" branch in github, maybe this has not happened yet: I would like
to ask about the criteria to create a maintenance release.

> I suppose that a high priority bug should exist, but how is that priority evaluated?
>

> If Im interested on a specific issue solution which will be included in next release,
but I cannot wait so long, could I ask for an official maintenance version? Or creating my
own Geode version is the only alternative?