geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] RFC 0: Lightweight RFC Process
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:57:02 GMT
@Dan,

Thank you for your first attempt at this.

Maybe we should be a rename "Active" to "Completed". "Active" to me
means that we are currently working on them, rather having completed
them. I don't view these proposals as features that can be toggled
on/off (or active/inactive).

Also, I disagree with the approach that proposals that are not actively
worked on are "Dropped". Which in itself is incorrect as well. Maybe
there should be an "Icebox" area, that lists a set of proposals that
have not yet been approved, but also not yet rejected.

I think it is ok to have an "Icebox" of proposals that lists areas of
improvement we want to target, but as of yet, no concrete proposal has
yet been submitted. Modularity comes to mind. It is not that we don't
want to do it, it is just that there is no proposal that has been
accepted/completed.

--Udo