geode-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Grisham <agris...@pivotal.io>
Subject Naming System for Regions - Active Jira Question
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:50:56 GMT
Hello everyone,

I’ve recently gotten into the Geode community and have been looking for a good place to
start contributing. I found this Jira regarding Duplicate Region names (Geode-6286 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6286?jql=project%20=%20GEODE%20AND%20issuetype%20=%20Bug%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Minor,%20Low,%20Trivial)%20AND%20resolution%20=%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20ASC,%20updated%20DESC>)
and believe this would be a good place for me to start. Currently, creating a region is case
sensitive, so that “Region1” is different than “region1”. However, this Jira is proposing
that the check on region names not be case sensitive, and only be focused on spelling. Before
I begin working on this Jira, I want to check to see if this case sensitive check was purposeful,
or if a spelling based check is preferred. I appreciate any clarification.

Thanks!

-Alex