geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jinmei Liao <jil...@pivotal.io>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Add hostname-for-clients to ConfigurationProperties
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 19:01:46 GMT
We have "jmx-manager-hostname-for-clients" in the geode properties, we
think it would be a good idea to deprecate that and use
"hostname-for-clients" for the entire server. Currently we already need
this property when launching a locator and start a gateway-receiver, and we
have no way to pre-configure them.

This is first step towards fixing our current problem of cluster
configuration prescribing specific hostname-for-senders for gateway
receivers.

Thoughts/comments?