geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unnecessary uses of final on local variables
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:30:26 GMT
I agree with Darrel, Bill has made some very compelling arguments.

I also add my vote of -1 to remove "noisy" final keywords from local
variables.

I am VERY interested in understanding how the JVM would handle this, as
final is a keyword that stops the reassignment of the variable with
another value. It would never stop immutability concerns. This can only
be achieved by following stricter rules regarding how Pojos are created
and coding practices.

I believe it is better to be more secure and opt-out when not required,
than trying to add-in being more secure (as you are more likely to miss
things).

--Udo