geode-dev mailing list archives

From Owen Nichols <onich...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] reduce PR checks to JDK11 only
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 01:09:24 GMT
Currently every PR commit triggers both JDK8 and JDK11 versions of each test job.  I propose
that we can eliminate the JDK8 version of each check.  In the extremely rare case where a
code change breaks on Java 8 but works fine on Java 11, it would still be caught by the main
pipeline (just as Windows failures are caught only in the main pipeline).

The only tangible effect today of running both JDK8 and JDK11 tests in PR pipeline is twice
the chance to encounter possible flaky failures (usually unrelated to the commit itself).