geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Criteria for PMC, committers
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 22:17:30 GMT
I think it's a lot of what is under the contributing section, but I think it needs to be cleaned
up. A lot of the what should be done is lost under the screen shots of things. I nice clear
bullet point, with maybe links to the wiki for details, would be nice. If we collected all
of this in the CONTRIBUTING.md its right there in your source and baked into GitHub, which
is the primary place developers go, not the wiki. Then our PR template could just say something
like “[ ] complies with contributing guidelines”. Eh??

-Jake

> On May 31, 2019, at 3:12 PM, Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Are you thinking in terms of something like this?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Code+of+Conduct <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Code+of+Conduct>
>
> Or something more specific to coding tasks?
>

> Thanks,
> Anthony
>

>> On May 31, 2019, at 2:41 AM, Owen Nichols <onichols@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> I think it might be helpful to first define clearly what code of conduct a committer
is expected to follow.  That exercise would help frame exactly what we are trusting new (and
existing) committers to adhere to.