geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] is it time to make Windows tests gating?
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 07:09:05 GMT
I think we need to make sure our windows tests get to green... If we
make them gating then we will never release, but at the time be
motivated to fix them, in order to release.

Maybe they run once every day... to at least start getting an idea of health

On 5/15/19 18:28, Owen Nichols wrote:
> For a very long time we’ve had Windows tests in the main pipeline (hidden away, not
in the default view), but the pipeline proceeds to publish regardless of whether Windows tests
fail or even run at all.

> Now seems like a good time to review whether to:
> a) treat Windows tests as first-class tests and prevent the pipeline from proceeding
if any test fails on Windows
> b) keep as-is
> c) change Windows tests to trigger only once a week rather than on every commit, if they
are going to remain "informational only"

> One disadvantage to making Windows tests gating is that they currently take much longer
to run (around 5 hours, vs 2 hours for Linux tests).