The Geode 1.9.0 release branch was originally cut 4 weeks ago on Feb 19.  It was known at the time that develop was not as stable as desired, so we planned to cherry-pick fixes from develop until the release branch was stable enough to ship.  While this is a good strategy when starting from a fairly good baseline, it seems in this case it has only added complexity without leading to stability.

Looking at the pipelines over the last week (see attached metrics), it appears we have been far more successful at stabilizing develop than release/1.9.0.  Rather than trying to cherry-pick more and more fixes to the release branch, I propose we RE-CUT the 1.9.0 release branch later this week in order to start from a much more stable baseline.

-Owen