geode-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Schuchardt <bschucha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] TTL setting on WAN
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:46:51 GMT
IDK Anil, we'll figure that out in the implementation.  I was thinking
it would be in the dispatch threads, so if distribution is need that
will happen as it does now.  I'm hopeful that this won't perturb the
code too much.

One thing that was brought up to me in person was the Dead Letter Queue
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=80452478>
initiative that seems to have stalled.  That seems like a very similar
idea though it's reacting to errors coming from the receiving side and
not a local condition.  I like the callback, stats, gfsh and cluster
config integration in that write-up & think they might be useful here.
There is also relevant discussion in that page about things like PDX
registrations.  Is that initiative going to move forward at some point
or is it off the boards?