geode-dev mailing list archives

From Owen Nichols <onich...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] Proposal to re-cut Geode 1.9.0 release branch
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:19:29 GMT
The Geode 1.9.0 release branch was originally cut 4 weeks ago on Feb 19.  It was known at the
time that develop was not as stable as desired, so we planned to cherry-pick fixes from develop
until the release branch was stable enough to ship.  While this is a good strategy when starting
from a fairly good baseline, it seems in this case it has only added complexity without leading
to stability.

Looking at the pipelines over the last week (see attached metrics), it appears we have been
far more successful at stabilizing develop than release/1.9.0.  Rather than trying to cherry-pick
more and more fixes to the release branch, I propose we RE-CUT the 1.9.0 release branch later
this week in order to start from a much more stable baseline.

-Owen