geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Copying pdx types via client
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:07:04 GMT
Perhaps for others on this list that aren’t familiar with the context you could fill in the
blanks.

It is assumed you are asking about the “feature” where PDX metadata is propagated from
one connection pool to another in an attempt to support multiple distributed systems in the
same client. While the short answer is yes, Geode Native (GN) goes further in not requiring
one to share clients across multiple distributed systems. You can create multiple independent
caches in the same process space with GN. Each of these instances can be connected to independent
distributed systems. The need to copy PDX metadata goes away. The need to create multiple
pools to different systems goes away. All the pain and issues of supporting this “feature”
just goes away. So if there is someone out there wanting to do what was done before I would
strongly encourage to not and instead use independent caches.

-Jake