geode-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Emery <dem...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal to re-cut Geode 1.9.0 release branch
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:09:51 GMT
Hi Alexander,

> On Mar 20, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Alexander Murmann <amurmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dale, do I understand correctly that the only concern around the Micrometer
> work right now it that it's not useful yet, however it's not harmful either?

It’s useful, but somewhat less usable than we want it to be. Currently the only way to publish
the metrics is to implement a service loader. Dan suggested that we offer additional ways
that are easier for Geode users. For example, passing a “publishing registry” to the cache
factory. We think that’s a great idea, and we promised to do it, but haven’t done it yet.

Cheers,
Dale

—
Dale Emery