geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Merging GEODE-6424 into release/1.9.0
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:24:50 GMT
Anyone have issue with merging https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6424 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6424>
into release/1.9.0?

Without it we will have to wait for the next release before we can have meaningful baselines
for function and query benchmarks. Without this fix baselines will continue to vary by as
much as 45% making them useless.

It’s also a big performance boost. Concurrent local cache gets see about a 50% bump in throughput
due to reduced contention for stats, even with timed stats enabled. Other operations haven’t
been benchmarked but should see similar improvements where stats were the bottleneck.

-Jake