geode-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Schuchardt <bschucha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Release Managers
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:58:14 GMT
I would _really_ like to keep the release branches for historical
purposes.  It's very useful to be able to look back and see what
was/wasn't in a release when someone has a problem.  If we delete the
branches we need some other way to record that information so that it's
readily available.

On 2/20/19 8:41 AM, Jacob Barrett wrote:
> Release manager need to add the next version number to JIRA when they branch the release.
Changes going into develop need to be marked finished with a version but may not be merged
to the current release branch.

> Also, after release isn’t the release branch supposed to be deleted? So what gives
with release/1.7.0 and release/1.8.0?