geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Merging GEODE-6424 into release/1.9.0
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:59:47 GMT
Done!

> On Feb 20, 2019, at 1:22 PM, Udo Kohlmeyer <udo@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1, Go,Go,GO!!
>
>> On 2/20/19 12:24, Jacob Barrett wrote:
>> Anyone have issue with merging https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6424 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6424>
into release/1.9.0?

>> Without it we will have to wait for the next release before we can have meaningful
baselines for function and query benchmarks. Without this fix baselines will continue to vary
by as much as 45% making them useless.

>> It’s also a big performance boost. Concurrent local cache gets see about a 50%
bump in throughput due to reduced contention for stats, even with timed stats enabled. Other
operations haven’t been benchmarked but should see similar improvements where stats were
the bottleneck.