geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Adding Micrometer to Apache Geode
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:43:44 GMT
I am good with this proposal as long as it includes the deprecation of all the current stats
APIs and VSD such that Micrometer is the only go forward stats definition and collection API
in 2.0.

> On Jan 15, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Mark Hanson <mhanson@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to propose that we incorporate Micrometer into Geode to allow us to collect
statistics and make them more easily available to external services should someone chose to
implement support for that.

> In some basic testing, it does not appear to have a significant impact on performance
to hook this in. I think that in the long run it will really improve the visibility of the
systems stats in real-timeā€¦ This will also allow some extensibility for people who want
to hook into their tracking infrastructure, such as New Relic or Data Dog, though we are not
putting that in.