geode-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hanson <mhan...@pivotal.io>
Subject [Proposal] Adding Micrometer to Apache Geode
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:37:05 GMT
Hello All,

I would like to propose that we incorporate Micrometer into Geode to allow us to collect statistics
and make them more easily available to external services should someone chose to implement
support for that.

In some basic testing, it does not appear to have a significant impact on performance to hook
this in. I think that in the long run it will really improve the visibility of the systems
stats in real-timeā€¦ This will also allow some extensibility for people who want to hook
into their tracking infrastructure, such as New Relic or Data Dog, though we are not putting
that in.

What do people think?

Thanks,
Mark