geode-dev mailing list archives

From Owen Nichols <onich...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Default branch for geode-examples
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:36:55 GMT
I believe master is still the best default branch for most users.  Can we add a PR template
for geode-examples reminding developers that examples PRs must be based on develop, not master?

Generally the only difference between examples' develop and master is which maven repo it
points to (snapshot and release, respectively).  I assume the Geode release process include
a step for merging changes from develop to master after each release?

-Owen

> On Dec 12, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> I’m fine with moving all development work to master given the use case for geode-examples—I
just don’t want PR’s merged to *both* master and develop.