geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Geode 1.8.0 RC2
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:05:03 GMT
I’ve reviewed the release candidate.  I’ll cast my vote after thinking about the correct
way to apply [1] since the geode-native LICENSE is missing cotire (see develop branch) [2].

Reviewed:

- verified tags
- verified signatures and sha’s
- verified no binaries in source distributions
- verified geode build from source (including unit tests)
- verified geode-examples build from source
- verified geode-native builds from source

Suggestions for next time:

- Include a version in the geode-native source build
- Extract the geode-native release artifact to a versioned directory (e.g. apache-geode-native-1.8.0/)
- Normalize all extensions and word case for the release artifacts
- Would be nice to have a simple example for geode-native
- geode-examples build fails if the ‘apache-geode’ home-brew package is installed

Anthony

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#licensing
[2] https://github.com/apache/geode-native/blob/develop/LICENSE