geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Huynh <jhu...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Adding index for Like operartor
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:58:16 GMT
Key indexes tell the query engine that the field is the same as the key
that was used to put into the underlying region.  So let's say your field
is "ID".  Creating a key index tells the query engine that a "select * from
/region theRegion where ID = 1" is the same as doing : theRegion.get(1).

In this case I think you are looking for a functional index.  Those are
sorted and will be used for like queries.