geode-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Schuchardt <bschucha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2018 22:56:45 GMT
  I think there's already one listing all of the deprecated APIs. This
is one of them.  issues.appache.org doesn't seem to be reachable from my
machine this afternoon or I'd look up the ticket number.

On 10/5/18 3:38 PM, Jacob Barrett wrote:
> Perhaps it would be wise to create a JIRA that lists things, like this, we would like
to remove from the public API come 2.0 so we don’t forget.

>> On Oct 5, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> I've just checked in a fairly large set of changes to remove all uses of LogWriterI18n
and to remove the LocalizedStrings.java class altogether.  The other I18n classes are still
in place because they are in a public package or are needed to make that stuff compile, but
you should no longer use them.

>>  From now on please use the new log4j-based log service.  If you must use a LogWriter
do not use the LogWriterI18n variant because you no longer have a good framework for creating
StringIDs to feed to its methods.  Just use regular Strings.