geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Should we evaluate at commit messages as part of PR review?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 19:09:49 GMT
-1 on removing the JIRA ticket number from the summary line.

I believe that it is a vital piece of the comment, and putting it
upfront enforces that all work is committed with a corresponding JIRA.

I'm on the fence when it comes to the whole "let's put a lot more
information into the git comment." I feel that the information provided
should be enough to have an understanding what was done in the commit..
But given that we have a "single commit" policy, it might end up having
to provide A LOT of detail into the commit message.

So how much info is too much and how much is not enough.. This becomes a
question of perspective and judgement...

--Udo