geode-dev mailing list archives

From Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>
Subject Adding new dependencies
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:29:16 GMT
Please be extra careful when adding new dependencies. Our build is setup to
allow transitive dependencies, so reviews should include looking at the
tree of transitive dependencies that a new dependency pulls into Geode.

I think it would also be a good idea to create a little extra noise on the
dev-list about the new dependency before you file a PR that adds it.

Maybe, explain what the dependency is, how it'll be used, whether or not
it's part of the distro, what transitive dependencies it might pull in, etc.

Thanks,
Kirk