geode-dev mailing list archives

From Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>
Subject GfshParserRule failures are very cryptic
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 23:20:16 GMT
Does anyone know GfshParserRule well enough that we could make the test
failures provide some useful info?

If you could give me some pointers on where/what to improve I'm happy to do
the footwork. Or if you prefer to do that's fine as well.

For example, I have a PR with GfshParserAutoCompletionTest but the failure
is completely unhelpful as far as telling me why or how it failed.

> Task :geode-core:integrationTest

org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.GfshParserAutoCompletionTest >
testCompletLogLevel FAILED
    org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[8]> but was:<[10]>
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at
        at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.GfshParserAutoCompletionTest.testCompletLogLevel(GfshParserAutoCompletionTest.java:257)

org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.GfshParserAutoCompletionTest >
testCompletLogLevelWithEqualSign FAILED
    org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[8]> but was:<[10]>
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at
        at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.GfshParserAutoCompletionTest.testCompletLogLevelWithEqualSign(GfshParserAutoCompletionTest.java:265)