geode-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McMahon <mcmellaw...@apache.org>
Subject Instructions for Setting Up IntelliJ
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 22:22:40 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking to add more comprehensive instructions for how to bring Geode
into IntelliJ.  I've written the instructions but am now looking at where
to put them.

There appears to be duplicate information in these sections of the Geode
wiki and the README.md/BUILDING.md in the Geode Git repository.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Getting+Started+for+Geode+Developers
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Building+and+Running+Geode+from+Source

I'm a fan of one source of truth, but I wanted to see if anyone felt
strongly about where the information lives.  I propose we revise the wiki
to simply link to the README.md/BUILDING.md and eliminate the duplicate
information (how to run gradlew, etc).  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan