geode-dev mailing list archives

From "Galen O'Sullivan" <gosulli...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] test code style (particularly logging)
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 20:39:53 GMT
I was reviewing a PR recently and noticed that we have some test code that
uses Logger (or LogWriter). If I understand correctly, anything logged to
stdout will be included in the test output, and anything logged in a DUnit
VM will be logged with the appropriate VM number prepended in the output.
Because logging is coupled to product code, I propose we log all test
output to standard out (using System.out.println or such). I also propose
we add this to the Geode style guide.

Thoughts/questions/objections?

Thanks,
Galen