geode-dev mailing list archives

From Sai Boorlagadda <sai_boorlaga...@apache.org>
Subject no test category, rename tests?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:52:33 GMT
Many tests file names are *JUnitTest.java[1] even though it is an
integration test or distributed test. After we segregated into respective
folders and removed the test category it is not visible which test it is
unless we look back into the path of the source directory (integrationTest
or distributedTest).

So I wanted to rename tests to reflect test category. Let me know if there
is okay and if I do rename are there any downstream impacts (eg: metrics,
auto diagnosis etc)

Any integration test will be renamed as *IntegrationTest.java
Any distributed test will be renamed as *DistributedTest.java
Any unit test will be renamed as *Test.java.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/develop/geode-core/src/integrationTest/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/ComplexDiskRegionJUnitTest.java