geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: need information about network parameter configuration values for geode.
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2018 14:52:56 GMT
Hi Dinesh,

Can you provide the exact commands you ran?  Does the command hang forever?  Do you have thread
dumps from the members during the hang?

Anthony

> On Aug 22, 2018, at 12:12 AM, Dinesh Akhand <dineshak@amdocs.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> What will be impact of below parameter if we do't set into geode cluster .
>
> In our cluster we have 8M population with 11 VM and each VM having 5 JVM for holding
the data. Means 11*5 = 55 JVM  holder the CUSTOMR region.

> Many time face the problem , all JVM comes comes up and joined the locator . in  list
member I can see all members.

> But Command like :list REGION , assign buckets stuck in gfsh.  Could you suggest what
making cause to it.

> Currently both parameter we set to 1.
>
> net.ipv4.tcp_slow_start_after_idle
>
> 0
>
> By default, TCP starts with a single small segment, gradually increasing it by one each
time. This results in unnecessary slowness that impacts the start of every request.

> net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies
>
> 0
>
> Many default Linux installations use SYN cookies to protect the system against malicious
attacks that flood TCP SYN packets. The use of SYN cookies dramatically reduces network bandwidth,
and can be triggered by a running Geode cluster. If your Geode cluster is otherwise protected
against such attacks, disable SYN cookies to ensure that Geode network throughput is not affected.

subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer
<https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

> Amdocs Development Centre India Private Limited having CIN: U72200PN2004PTC0188320 converted
into Amdocs Development Centre India LLP (A limited liability partner­ship with LLP Identification
Number: AAI-6901 effective 28th Feb 2017)