geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: GitHub PR notifications
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:40:13 GMT
I’m not proposing to increase your unwanted email load.  Here’s what I’m saying:

- Send GitHub notifications to a NEW geode mailing list.  You don’t have to subscribe to
it.  Maybe you’re already sending GH notifications to your personal email accounts and that’s
perfectly fine.

- By default, apache repos are setup to send all notifications to dev@.  We don't want that.
 Many projects ask INFRA to setup a NEW mailing list to keep the signal level high for humans
(and maybe we should move CI emails to different list as well).

- Development discussions *must* be archived on apache mailing lists.  I talked with INFRA
and the policy is that we can use PR’s as long as the conversations are archived.

Given that this is a *policy* question, the only thing for us to decide is where to send notifications.
 I suggest notifications@dev <mailto:notifications@dev.geode>.

Anthony