geode-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Smith <dsm...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] Standardize use of awaitility to a higher timeout
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:07:39 GMT
Hi all,

We have a bunch of tests that are using awaitility. It seems like every
tests is picking some random number of it's timeout, usually in the range
of 10-60 seconds.

I'd like to change all of our tests to use a standard timeout that is much
higher, to avoid worrying about whether our timeouts are to low. So I
propose introducing our own GeodeAwaitility class that sets a timeout of 5
minutes and replacing all of our usage with that.

-Dan