geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Deppe <jensde...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Deprecate running JMX Manager on non-locator members
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:34:41 GMT
TL;DR I'd like to propose that we deprecate and ultimately remove the
ability to run a JMX manager on a non-locator member.

I'm not sure about the history for this capability and the original use
cases but I imagine it would have been driven, to a large part, by the
ability for member discovery without locators. Since we have removed that
(and always require locators) it seems that at least one requirement is no
longer valid.

Does anyone have any other use cases where having a JMX manager on a
non-locator would be a requirement?

Thanks
--Jens