geode-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Barchak <Igor.Barc...@amdocs.com>
Subject Rebalancing on jvm recovery
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 07:38:08 GMT
Hi

Can you please advise how rebalancing works in case of jvm recovery?

In case we have two hosts each separate redundancy zone , number of redundant copies configured
to be 1, and following configuration for jvm start

                                Dgemfire.DELTAS_RECALCULATE_SIZE=true
                                Dgemfire.MAX_PARALLEL_BUCKET_RECOVERIES=4

On restart of one of the jvms , as it rejoin the grid , we see

1)      It does not receive responsibility for buckets that are empty at the time of recovery.
Is this as designed, and can it be changed by configuration

2)      In recovery flow , and after running rebalance , we see that responsibility that the
jvm receives is balanced by total buckets  size (Primary + Redundant) but by Total primary
buckets zize and Total redundant buckets size is not balanced separately. Is this as designed
, and can it be changed by configuration

Thanks and Regards
Igor

to the Amdocs policy statement,

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>