geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject [Discussion] Geode-Native Removing Stats from Public API
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:46:36 GMT
I want to open a discussion regarding the removal of StatisticsFactory and related APIs from
the public API. I can't see that we would want the Geode Native client to be a first class
statistics/metrics gathering API. There are plenty of other first class players in this space.
If this isn't a feature of the client then I suggest it be moved internally. It’s highly
unlikely it’s being used but in the case that it is we can consider moving it back after
some serious refactoring as it relies on an over abundance of raw pointers. Rather than spend
time refactoring it now let’s just hide it away.

-Jake