geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Geode release - 1.3.0 RC2
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:03:18 GMT
We shipped geode-examples with 1.2.0 and 1.2.1.  I think it would be a step backwards to not
ship examples.

When we split out the examples into a separate repo we had a long thread on JIRA versions,
releases, and subprojects [1].  IIRC the ASF viewpoint is that separate releases probably
require a separate community.

Anthony

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geode-dev/201701.mbox/%3cDB3F0E86-1D8F-4ACC-8323-FE8C135B3799@pivotal.io%3e