geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jared Stewart <jstew...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Missing Gitbox activation email
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 17:21:34 GMT
To anyone else having the same problem, I was able to accept the invite by navigating to https://github.com/apache
<https://github.com/apache>.

 - Jared
> On Sep 7, 2017, at 9:36 AM, Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlmeyer@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> It was as Dan indicated.... you need to make sure your github username is registered
with id.apache.org. I then later received an email that requested I join the apache org. And
now my gitbox works.

> Thank you for the help.
>
> --Udo
>

> On 9/6/17 21:41, Jacob Barrett wrote:
>> I think the key is exactly what Dan pointed out about accepting the Apache org invite
on GitHub. If you hadn’t done that previously you must do it now. You must have any and
all GitHub IDs you plan to use as committer registered with Apache. You should also have any
and all email addresses you plan to use as committer registered as well.

>> -Jake
>>

>>> On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Ernest Burghardt <eburghardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> When geode-native moved I don't think we received an activation email...
>>> just had to follow the instructions Jake sent out: (obviously drop the
>>> "-native")
>>>
>>> For committers the origin is now github.com/apache/geode-native. Before you
>>> can get write access to the new repo you need to "link" your accounts via
>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/. You should also change the URL of your
>>> origin from Apache to GitHub. You will also notice we have full control
>>> over pull requests, including assignments and labeling. Good times ahead.

BUT it