geode-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Reich <nre...@pivotal.io>
Subject Adding parallel import/export of snapshots to gfsh
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:32:58 GMT
Team,

I am working on exposing the parallel export/import of snapshots through
gfsh and would appreciate input on the best approach to adding to /
updating the existing interface.

Currently, ExportDataCommand and ImportDataCommand take a region name, a
member to run the command on, and a file location (that must end in .gfd).
Parallel import and export require a directory location instead of a single
file name (as there can be multiple files and need for uniquely named
files). It is possible to add a parallel flag and have the meaning of the
"file" parameter be different depending on that flag, but that seems overly
confusing to me. I am instead leaning towards creating new commands (e.g.
ParallelExportDataCommand) that has a "directory" parameter to replace
"file", but is otherwise identical in usage to the existing commands.

Do others have different views or approaches to suggest?