geode-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Barrett <jbarr...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Using Pull Requests over Review Board
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:03:54 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Having to deal with a github repo instead of branches off of the Apache repo is an additional
burden on committers.

As a committee you have to work from the github repo to merge PRs from non-committers. Having
been working from a personal fork for all my contributions as a committer I haven't seen any
downside. The upside being every intermediate commit does not produce a JIRA comment until
the PR is merged and pushed.

> I still vote -1 and don't see a lot of support for this idea.

I can agree this proposal is getting far fewer votes than I anticipated. I had at least expected
those that echoed the benefits in the discussion would have voted.

-Jake