geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Last call on 1.2.0 (and fixing test failures)
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 17:10:04 GMT

> On May 14, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Our last release was v1.1.1 in March.  We have made a lot of great progress on the develop
branch with over 250 issues fixed.  It would be great to get those changes into a release.
 What’s left before we are ready to release 1.2.0?

> Note that we need a clean test run before releasing (except for “flaky" tests).  We
haven’t had one of those in awhile [1].

> Anthony
>
> [1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Thanks for all the responses.  To summarize:

GEODE-2913:  Update Lucene documentation
GEODE-2836:  CacheLoader should extend Declarable
GEODE-2912:  Real hot deploy of functions via gfsh [DONE]
GEODE-2900:  BucketRegionQueue transitions from primary/secondary/primary can lead to events
lingering in queue [DONE]
GEODE-2915:  Messages rejected due to unknown “vmkind"
	(backwards compatibility and rolling upgrades against v1.1.1 also covered by this issue)

The last Jenkins run shows these failures:

org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.ShowDeadlockDUnitTest.testDistributedDeadlockWithFunction
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.ShowDeadlockDUnitTest.testNoDeadlock
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.ConcurrentDeployDUnitTest.testMultipleGfshClientToOneServer

The v1.2.0 version in JIRA has these unresolved issues:

GEODE-2428:  Add support for LinkedHashMap in DataSerializer
	This was reopened to clean up some Javadocs.

GEODE-2855:  Document Rename Execution.withArgs to Execution.setArguments
	This is a documentation task for an API change.

GEODE-2880:  value auto complete for member and file names does not work
	This appears to be non-critical bug fix.  I think we could skip this one.

Anything else?

Anthony