geode-dev mailing list archives

From Goutam Tadi <gt...@pivotal.io>
Subject Remove keys from a PartitionedRegion
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 19:19:29 GMT
Hi Team,

With +Bradford D Boyle <bboyle@pivotal.io>

We are trying to remove a set of keys from a `PartitionedRegion`.
Currently, we execute a function with `onRegion()`. Inside the function, we
call `PartitionRegionHelper.getLocalPrimaryData()` and use the returned
region to execute `region.removeAll(keys)`.

The problem we are facing is that is slow. Is there a faster way to remove
a set of keys from a partitioned region?

We are considering using `getDataStore().getAllLocalBucketRegions()` to get
the set of `BucketRegion`s and then using a thread pool to remove the keys
in parallel. Are there alternative approaches?

Thanks,
Goutam Tadi.
--
Regards,