geode-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 59422: GEODE-2954 Old client gets null memberID in cache listener
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 20:55:41 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/59422/#review175993
-----------------------------------------------------------


Ship it!




Ship It!

- Udo Kohlmeyer


On May 19, 2017, 10:48 p.m., Bruce Schuchardt wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/59422/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated May 19, 2017, 10:48 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for geode, Galen O'Sullivan, Hitesh Khamesra, and Udo Kohlmeyer.
> 
> 
> Bugs: GEODE-2954
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-2954
> 
> 
> Repository: geode
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> I've added a new test that demonstrates that a new-version server sends an EventID to
a client that the client is unable to deserialize completely.  It gets an error when deserializing
its member ID, causing cache listeners to get a null when requesting the ID of the member
that effected the change.
> 
> The fix is to reserialize the member ID in EventID.toData if the destination stream is
for an older version, such as a 1.1.0 client.  This ensures the proper on-wire format is used
for that version of Geode.
> 
> I've also bumped up the version ordinal for 1.2 since version 59 is marked as unusable
in Version.java.
> 
> I've changed the Banner to show the version ordinal because the other version information
in the banner isn't completely trustworthy.  It looks for a GemFireVersion.properties file
on the classpath to get this information and so it may not get it from the Geode jar file
as expected.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/internal/Banner.java b6a89bfc530fa5f4766f61e124839479dff2b664

>   geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/internal/Version.java 1c131e8d08fc4b3f8004ffaca78fb6fac910ee2b

>   geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/EventID.java 87835ffa5a9782fecec5f6ae7adfe9829ac2fc26

>   geode-core/src/test/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/tier/sockets/ClientServerMiscBCDUnitTest.java
be0ac6b080652179f12ccaf0e0a14f7acc299269 
>   geode-core/src/test/java/org/apache/geode/internal/cache/tier/sockets/ClientServerMiscDUnitTest.java
b4f3185ea71e47fc32c8ef1b3e656f4026056526 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/59422/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> precheckin, new unit test.  I have to fix up the database for AnalyzeSerializablesJUnitTest
- I'm not including that in this review's diff.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Bruce Schuchardt
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message