geode-dev mailing list archives

From Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlme...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Orphaned Server processes
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 18:03:56 GMT
@Anil,

I agree... quick start to evaluate the product... "start server
--name=server1" is the simplest way to start a server... BUT there are
no regions or anything ... So we really only have a GemFire process that
does not allow you to do anything with it... except connect to it from a
client and even the client cannot do anything with the server, because
it has not admin capability.

--Udo