geode-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Source distribution
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 03:20:51 GMT
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Nitin Lamba <nitin@ampool.io> wrote:
>
>> You're right Anthony - my bad.
>>
>> I did download the archive but accidentally opened the older tar.gz from
>> April, 2015:
>> geode-1.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT.src.tar.gz
>> (the original source contributed to Apache).
>>
>> All's good now. Yes, did notice few extra folders but fixing that may be
>> low priority.
>>

> The extra folders will be a blocker because two of them contain external
> jars
>
>  - caches (contains dependency jar & class files)
>  - daemon
>  - native

This is just the way the release tarball gets created, right? Since I don't
seem to notice these jars when I checkout develop branch.

>  - wrapper (contains gradle jar files)

On that later note, I can recommend an approach that seems to have worked
for PXF subproject of HAWQ:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-277

Thanks,
Roman.