geode-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Lamba <ni...@ampool.io>
Subject Re: Source distribution
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 21:00:56 GMT
I didn't build locally but picked the artifacts that are getting posted from CI:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/gemfire-assembly/build/distributions/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

All the java files I checked still had Pivotal copyright. Also, gemfire-jgroups/src/main/java
directory is non-empty and has LGPL headers. Perhaps, Jenkins scripts need to be fixed.

- Nitin

From: Anthony Baker <abaker@pivotal.io>
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2016 11:41 AM
To: dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Source distribution

Hmmm, that sounds odd.  The srcDistTar task uses the current working copy.  You might try
a `git clean -fd` to remove all non-version controlled artifacts (be careful!).

Which copyrights are missing?  Here’s what I see in the src distribution:

Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:distributions abaker$ head apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/build.gradle
/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *

The LGPL jgroups source dependency has been removed.  We still have a binary dependency on
an ASLv2 licensed version of jgroups for reliable mcast communication.

Anthony

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Nitin Lamba <nitin@ampool.io> wrote:
>
> Thanks Anthony!! This is great progress as the community marches towards the first GEODE
release!

> Besides the missing LICENSE and NOTICE files (you have a separate thread on GEODE-610),
I noticed a few things in the src artifact:
> - The copyright updates are missing
> - It still has jgroups/ LGPL files
>
> Do you know if the srcDistTar getting generated from 'master'? Once the release is cut,
it'll probably pick-up the latest changes from develop so maybe this is intentional. I'll
check the gradle file on my end too.