geode-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Schuchardt <bschucha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Source distribution
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 21:45:33 GMT
The gemfire-jgroups project has been deleted on the develop branch. That
happened when feature/GEODE-77 was merged to develop.  If it's still
sitting around in a checkout it should be deleted.

Le 1/4/2016 1:00 PM, Nitin Lamba a écrit :
> I didn't build locally but picked the artifacts that are getting posted from CI:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/gemfire-assembly/build/distributions/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
>
> All the java files I checked still had Pivotal copyright. Also, gemfire-jgroups/src/main/java
directory is non-empty and has LGPL headers. Perhaps, Jenkins scripts need to be fixed.

> - Nitin

try a `git clean -fd` to remove all non-version controlled artifacts (be careful!).

> Which copyrights are missing?  Here’s what I see in the src distribution:
>
> Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:distributions abaker$ head apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/build.gradle
> /*
>   * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>   * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>   * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>   * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>   * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>   * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>   *
>   *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>   *
>
> The LGPL jgroups source dependency has been removed.  We still have a binary dependency
on an ASLv2 licensed version of jgroups for reliable mcast communication.

> Anthony
>

>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Nitin Lamba <nitin@ampool.io> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Anthony!! This is great progress as the community marches towards the first
GEODE release!

>> Besides the missing LICENSE and NOTICE files (you have a separate thread on GEODE-610),
I noticed a few things in the src artifact:
>> - The copyright updates are missing
>> - It still has jgroups/ LGPL files
>>
>> Do you know if the srcDistTar getting generated from 'master'? Once the release is
cut, it'll probably pick-up the latest changes from develop so maybe this is intentional.
I'll check the gradle file on my end too.