geode-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Source distribution
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 22:25:59 GMT
I wonder if we’re looking at different things??

When I download the night-build tarball at [1], I only found one Pivotal copyright:

Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:tmp abaker$ tar xf ~/Downloads/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar
&& grep -r Pivotal apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT | grep -i copy
apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/gemfire-core/src/test/java/com/gemstone/gemfire/internal/cache/tier/sockets/InstantiatorPropagationDUnitTest.java:
* Copyright (c) 2010-2014 Pivotal Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

In addition, I didn’t see gemfire-jgroups at all:

Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:tmp abaker$ tar xf ~/Downloads/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar
&& find apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT -name "gemfire-jgroups"
Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:tmp abaker$

I do see that the jenkins build is including up some extra dirs (caches, daemon, ...) in the
source distribution that don’t exist in a clean working directory.

Anthony

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/gemfire-assembly/build/distributions/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Bruce Schuchardt <bschuchardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> The gemfire-jgroups project has been deleted on the develop branch. That happened when
feature/GEODE-77 was merged to develop.  If it's still sitting around in a checkout it should
be deleted.

> Le 1/4/2016 1:00 PM, Nitin Lamba a écrit :
>> I didn't build locally but picked the artifacts that are getting posted from CI:
>>
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Geode-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/gemfire-assembly/build/distributions/apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
>>
>> All the java files I checked still had Pivotal copyright. Also, gemfire-jgroups/src/main/java
directory is non-empty and has LGPL headers. Perhaps, Jenkins scripts need to be fixed.

>> - Nitin

try a `git clean -fd` to remove all non-version controlled artifacts (be careful!).

>> Which copyrights are missing?  Here’s what I see in the src distribution:
>>
>> Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:distributions abaker$ head apache-geode-src-1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/build.gradle
>> /*
>>  * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>>  * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>>  * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>>  * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>>  * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>>  * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>>  *
>>  *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>>  *
>>
>> The LGPL jgroups source dependency has been removed.  We still have a binary dependency
on an ASLv2 licensed version of jgroups for reliable mcast communication.

>> Anthony
>>

>>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Nitin Lamba <nitin@ampool.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Anthony!! This is great progress as the community marches towards the
first GEODE release!

>>> Besides the missing LICENSE and NOTICE files (you have a separate thread on GEODE-610),
I noticed a few things in the src artifact:
>>> - The copyright updates are missing
>>> - It still has jgroups/ LGPL files
>>>
>>> Do you know if the srcDistTar getting generated from 'master'? Once the release
is cut, it'll probably pick-up the latest changes from develop so maybe this is intentional.
I'll check the gradle file on my end too.