gearpump-user mailing list archives

From Manu Zhang <owenzhang1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding dynamic DAG
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 02:53:39 GMT
Hi,

Internally, each Task has a lifetime and subscription list (successor
tasks) both of which can be changed.
For your example, all "B" tasks will update their lifetimes and stop
sending messages after the end of their lifetimes. New "X" tasks will be
launched and send messages.  For predecessor tasks, their subscription list
will be updated to "X" and they start to send messages to "X" tasks.
Automatically, successor tasks will receive messages from "X" tasks.

You can change the parallelism at runtime but not the partitioning.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang