gearpump-user mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get 1st app output
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2016 17:37:41 GMT
Hi Mark

The word count pipeline's "sink" (or endpoint of the pipeline) is sum (split
~ partitioner ~> sum)
which doesn't persist or materialize these values anywhere. Other examples
provide "sink's" like
kafka or hdfs where the results can be queried (results are persisted to
storage somewhere).
This is similar to other frameworks like Spark (
http://spark.apache.org/examples.html).
However Flink (and Spark interactive) provide a way to materialize results
within the client.
We should provide this capability as well. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP-105.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Kam