gearpump-user mailing list archives

From Weihua Jiang <whji...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Apache Gearpump LOGO
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 01:04:01 GMT
Gearman.png seems quite interesting. A minor suggestion: how about change the red background
color to some other color? This reminds me of German Nazi. :(

发件人:  Tomasz Targonski <tomaszpancho@gmail.com>
答复:  <user@gearpump.incubator.apache.org>
日期:  2016年4月12日 星期二 上午7:20
至:  <user@gearpump.incubator.apache.org>
主题:  Re: Wanted: Apache Gearpump LOGO

Hi all,
my propositions below. In the gearpump.png I was trying to represent the DAG, but it is not
an easy task ;)

Regards,
Tomek

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Sean Zhong <clockfly@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We are looking for an iconic LOGO for Gearpump, if you have interest, please submit your proposal
in this mail thread😀

What logo are we looking for?
1. Simple and beautiful
2. Can link intuitively with "Gearpump"

Background: why we name it as Gearpump?
The name Gearpump is a reference to the engineering term “gear pump,” which is a super
simple pump that consists of only two gears, but is very effective at streaming water.  The
message we want to convey in the name is "Simple", "Effective", and "Streaming".

Visual demo for Gear pump:

Thanks

Sean