gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Manu Zhang <owenzhang1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL support to Gearpump
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:49:43 GMT
Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your participation. This is Manu, mentoring this project.
Frankly, I'm new in this area myself and mostly I've been following how
other streaming framework has done so. For example,
https://github.com/milinda/samza-sql.

These incomplete codes,
https://github.com/manuzhang/incubator-gearpump/tree/sql/experiments/sql/src/main/scala/org/apache/gearpump/experiments/sql
are
what I've tried for this task some while ago, which could be a start point
for you.
  - In QueryExecutor.scala
<https://github.com/manuzhang/incubator-gearpump/blob/sql/experiments/sql/src/main/scala/org/apache/gearpump/experiments/sql/QueryExecutor.scala>,
you can see how a sql string is parsed and translated into tree of
`RelNode` in Calcite.
  - StreamRel
<https://github.com/manuzhang/incubator-gearpump/blob/sql/experiments/sql/src/main/scala/org/apache/gearpump/experiments/sql/plan/physical/StreamRel.scala>
and
its subclass should `translate` the node into corresponding Gearpump
`Stream`.

Looking forward to your proposal ;)

Thanks,
Manu Zhang